Whether you're absolutely sick and tired of geo-locked content, or simply want to enjoy digital peace of mind knowing that your online privacy is entirely intact - in today's day and age, having a solid VPN is practically a necessity.
Aside from bypassing country restrictions and encrypting your traffic, the best modern VPN solutions allow to you ward off viruses, torrent safely, enjoy fantastic speeds, and ultimately, use the world wide web in its glorious entirety, no restrictions involved.
But when it comes to picking out the perfect VPN - most people find themselves absolutely stumped. Due to the overwhelming number of solutions (and more appearing each year), it can be hard to discern the good from the bad, not to mention pick out the creme de la creme.
And that's why we're here to save the day!
Keep reading to learn about the 3 best VPNs for New Zealanders in 2020, explore their individual pros and cons and see how the top digital privacy solutions stack up against each other, all to get a better idea of which one might be the right choice for you.
Our Top 3 Picks For The Best Kiwi-Friendly VPN This Year
1. NordVPN - Best All-Around VPN
If you need the absolute best-in-class solution all-around, look no further than NordVPN. They've got the largest number of servers here in New Zealand and boast a consistent ability to easily bypass geo-restricted content without fail. Combined with excellent security tech and an incredibly easy to use platform - NordVPN has definitely got you covered.
- Over five thousand servers across the globe with 19 located in NZ
- 2048-bit AES encryption combined with a two-layer VPN and DNS leak protection
- Supports a variety of protocols
- Strict zero-log policy, so you can torrent to your heart's content
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Speeds aren't always the most consistent
- Configuring OpenVPN may not be the most intuitive process on this solution
2. ExpressVPN - The Fastest NZ-Friendly VPN
If you want all the modern privacy tech combined with blazing fast speeds from your VPN, then ExpressVPN is likely the route to take. With no bandwidth restrictions and some of the best speeds seen in New Zealand, you can stream, torrent, and browse with no interruptions. And when you factor in the fact that they support a whole wealth of protocols alongside split tunneling, you can rest assured that you're getting your hands on one of the top solutions - both technology-wise and useability-wise.
- No bandwidth cap or restrictions on the content you download
- Many popular protocols are supported, including PPTP, IPSec, IKEv2 and OpenVPN
- Intelligent split tunneling enables you to watch US shows on Netflix while browsing through an NZ server all at once.
- Strict zero-log policy, so your digital privacy is always assured
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Only one server for Kiwi customers
- Somewhat more expensive than other top VPNs
3. CyberGhost VPN
If you're willing to make sacrifices on the number of protocols, or the number of other high tech features available for you to play with, in favor of ease of use - CyberGhost VPN definitely takes the crown as the best-fitting solution for you.
But don't get us wrong, their encryption and security tech is definitely top-notch. However, more advanced users may want support for additional protocols or slightly more out-of-the-way technical features that the average user would simply gloss over.
Whether you're going to hook up your TV, mobile phone, or PC, you can protect your digital activities on up to 7 devices all at once with this powerful and intuitive VPN.
- 256-bit encryption coupled with DNS leak protection and support for the OpenVPN protocol
- Incredibly user-friendly and intuitive PC, TV, and mobile device applications
- 10 blazing-fast servers in New Zealand (and over 6,000 worldwide)
- 7-day free trial and 45-day money-back guarantee if you don't love it from the get-go
- Their data jurisdiction has come under some bit of question in the past
- Lacks some of the high-tech functionality seen in other top VPNs
New Zealand VPN F.A.Q
Thankfully for Kiwis, there is absolutely no law that forbids or even discourages the use of a VPN to anonymize and secure your digital activities. However, bear in mind that while it's entirely legal to use a VPN in New Zealand, your actions online, while using the VPN, have to fall within the law as well.
If you've decided on the fact that you definitely need a VPN, and maybe you've even picked out the best solution for yourself - getting everything set up and running in New Zealand is an absolute breeze.
Here are the basic steps:
1. Generally, regardless of the VPN solution in question, you will need to sign up for an account on their platform.
2. Once that's done, you can download the VPN client and then proceed to log in.
3. At this point, you'll want to add any relevant devices that you wish to anonymize and protect.
4. Lastly, you will need to connect to the best server for whatever you're planning to do.
Voila, you're now entirely secure and anonymous on the world wide web!
Overall, just about any VPN works perfectly fine in New Zealand. However, if the VPN in question doesn't have local servers for Kiwis to enjoy, you may experience a spotty connection, slow speeds, or a totally unusable service altogether.
As such, going with one of the options we've provided above is going to be your best bet. In case you missed it, here are the 3 best VPNs for New Zealand:
Nord VPN - Best overall solution
Express VPN - Best for speed
CyberGhost VPN - Best for usability
A VPN, or in other words, a Virtual Private Network is one of the top methods to ensure your privacy and security while out on the open web. This network will anonymize your IP by routing your traffic and connection through an entirely anonymous maze of digital servers.
VPNs are generally used to anonymize online activities, protect sensitive data from prying eyes, and in some cases, to bypass geographical restrictions on digital content.
Closing Thoughts - Picking Out The Best VPN Solution For Yourself
Ultimately, no matter which VPN solution you end up going with, the three most important things are your digital privacy, access to restricted content, and ultimately the security of your devices.
In today's article, we've had a look at the three best VPN solutions for people living in New Zealand. All of the options we covered stand leagues above other VPNs and offer the best of the best when it comes to their feature kit. And the best part? Each and every one of them has extensive money-back guarantees, making them entirely risk-free for you to give them a go.
So, now that we've looked over the ins and outs of the top Kiwi-friendly VPN solutions this year, it's our turn to hear from you. What VPN are you currently using and why? Let us know in the comments below!
Published by: Jacky Chou in Software